I am looking for students (preferably PhD) for Fall 2022. Projects fall in the broad areas of data privacy, applied cryptography, and machine learning plus security and privacy.
- Strong analytical skills and a solid foundation in probability and statistics.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, hardworking and conscientious.
- Familiarity with basic security and privacy concepts is expected.
Note: Knowledge of machine learning and/or cryptography is a big plus but not required.
How to apply:
Current UF students:
- Contact me directly by email. (See below.)
Prospective non-UF students:
- A necessary but not sufficient step is to apply and obtain admission to the University of Florida CISE graduate program. (Application deadline: December 5 for PhD; February 1 for MS.)
- Strong candidates will significantly exceed the program minimum admission requirements.
- Candidates can maximize the probability that I will see their application by including my name in their statement of purpose. (Applicants can and should include the names of multiple CISE faculty.)
- Additionally, candidates can contact me directly by email. (See below.)
How to email:
- Read this first.
- Attach a CV and include GRE and TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB scores (if available).
- Briefly mention anything that makes yourself stand out (e.g., research accomplishments, publications, etc.).
Note: I receive a lot of emails from prospective students, so I cannot guarantee an immediate response.